Decorative and creative works and / or painted eggs
Contest in the Calendar of National Education Activities 2015 – Ministry of Education and Research, Cultural – Artistic Area, Visual Arts, No. 9
I. OBJESCTIVES OF CONTEST
- Encouraging and promoting individual and collective creativity, inspired by the Easter tradition;
- Exhibition organization of creative works; promoting young people with exceptional artistic skills.
II. CONTEST ORGANIZERS AND PARTNERS; OFFICIAL REGULATIONS
1.2. Youth Centre – Tulcea, located in Dobrogeanu Gherea Street, No. 4A, phone: 0040 –0240 – 517109
1.3. Scientific Society „ORION”, cu located in Tulcea, Sabinelor Street, No. 21, Flat C, Apartment 42
1.4. Association ACASĂ from Zaragoza, located in Zaragoza, Spain, c/Bartolomé Llorente, 1°B, C.P. 50011, e-mail email@example.com. The Association will be a local point for contest for Spain.
- The participants are required to comply with the terms and conditions of official regulation.
- The Official Rules are elaborated and will be made public as required by law. The organizers reserve the right to modify or change the Official Rules, and these changes will take effect only after the publication on the museum’s blog: https://meaptulcea.wordpress.com/
III. RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE
The competition is open to preschoolers and students worldwide.
IV. COMPETITION SCHEDULE
- March 2nd – beginning of the contest
- March 15th – deadline for submission of questions regarding the contest firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 20th – deadline for publication of responses by the organizers, on https://meaptulcea.wordpress.com/
- May – announcement of results, awards (during the visits, on-line or by mail).
V. THE CONTEST
- Participants will send one collective decorative and creative work about Easter (or other traditional/local spring holiday having similarities with Easter) thematics and / or a basket with decorated (empty) eggs, to Ethnographic and Folk Art Museum, part of Eco-Museum Research Institute (I.C.E.M), located in 9 Mai Street, No. 2, Tulcea, Romania, Post Code 820026, e-mail: email@example.com
□ SECTION 1: Popular or artistic creations of leather, wood, metal, horn, bone, stone or glass
□ SECTION 2: Easter egg
□ SECTION 3: Icons
□ SECTION 4: Fine Arts: Painting, Drawing, Graphics, Sculpture
□ SECTION 5: Decorative Arts: Textile Arts; Pottery, Glass
□ SECTION 6: Photo Essay; Computer Graphics
□ SECTION 7: Collage
Participants assume the authenticity of the work, otherwise they are disqualified.
- The jury recommends the thematic inspiration from the local or national Easter traditions and crafts (e.g. Carnival, Lent, Easter, Ascension Day etc.).The photographic essay will have no more than 8 digital photographs illustrating the child’s perception of the great feasts (examples: Shrove Tuesday, preparing for Easter Night, Resurrection, Easter etc.). They will be accompanied necessarily by: title and a brief description (localization of captured phenomena, significance). Description will be made in the one of the following languages: Romanian, English, Italian or Spanish. The diplomas will be sent in this case on-line.
- The decorative work and / or the basket with eggs will be clearly labeled with the following information: class / group, the name of teacher – coordinator, school / kindergarten, town, country, contact details: phone number, address and / or e-mail.
- Participation in the competition of groups of students from other areas than Tulcea city can be done using the postal services or e-mail, but no later than April 24th, 2015.
- For further information contact the Museum of Ethnography and Folk Art Tulcea, phone: 0040 – 0240 – 516204 (from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Youth Centre – Tulcea: Viorica Chiriș – phone: 0040 – 0240 – 517109; Association ACASĂ from Zaragoza, email@example.com
VI. JUDGING and WINNERS
- Winners will be chosen by a jury of representatives of these cultural institutions.
- Winners are announced after May 22th, 2015, on the blog https://meaptulcea.wordpress.com/, or on the phone.
1. Awards will be done at the:
a) Ethnographical and Folk Art Museum of Tulcea
b) Association ACASĂ from Zaragoza, Spain.
2. Awards will consist in diplomas and museum pedagogy activities.
3. Diplomas of the competitors from other counties / countries who cannot participate in educational activities organized at the museum, will be sent by courier using the return envelope, after May 22th2015. We have also the variant of sending diplomas in online version (PDF or JPEG), for those who prefer this option.
VIII. INFORMATION OF PARTICIPANTS
This Regulation is available to any persons or authorities concerned, and is published on the bloghttps://meaptulcea.wordpress.com/ . Participation in the competition implies the obligation to comply with these regulations.
IX. DATA PRIVACY
- The contest’s organizers will respect the rights of all participants, in accordance with the law on personal data protection.
- Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed in our database, and will be used promoting the museum activity (educational offers, contests, educative – cultural events, exhibitions).
X. WINNERS LIST
Winners’ names will be available online at https://meaptulcea.wordpress.com after May 22th 2015.
XI. DISPOSITIONS FINAL
- Participants in this contest agree with this Regulation.
- Any breach of the Contest rules result in automatic cancelation of prizes.
- By accepting the prize, participants agree that their work is made public and used for promotion by the organizers, in various prints, audio or video. Images are for presentation purposes.
- The complaints about the contest can be sent to the following address: Ethnographical and Folk Art Museum of Tulcea, May 9 Street, No. 2, Postal Code 820026, phone: 0040 – 0240 – 516204 (between 8-16 hours) until the date on which this regulation takes effect or by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. After this time, organizers will not consider any appeal.
XII. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to a major force event, the organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest
“I.C.E.M.” Manager, Head of service
Ethnographic and Folk Art Museum Tulcea,
Sorin AILINCĂI dr. Iuliana TITOV
 The best works will be exhibited in a virtual environment, on museum’s blog and social – media.